Thursday, May 23, 2013

Mother's Day


We spent Mother's Day in Abu Dhabi. I woke up to coffee in the hotel room and a sweet card made by Dad and the kids on scrap paper in the hotel. They were so cute!  They also gave me a very awesome coffee mug. 

We made videos to send home to both Nana and Mia. Then we went to have my favorite breakfast in the Middle East - French toast at Jones the Grocer. 

We headed to Waterworld after breakfast. This is a brand new waterpark. I only took a couple pictures there because all our stuff was stored in a locker all day. Let me say that this was the BEST waterpark I have ever been to. Awesome slides and NO lines!!!  The kids had a great time - as did Bobby and I. Although Avery was technically too short to ride almost all the rides, they weren't being strict about it at all. She rode EVERYTHING in the park almost, including some that even I was a little nervous on. 

Most of the slides you could ride double so Bobby or I could go with Avery and she was loving it. When we arrived at the top of one, it was a mat, not a tube, you had to go single and lay face first on your belly. It was a racing slide so all 5 of us went down at once. It turns out the slide really took you through a dark, winding tunnel and then drops straight down a steep hill. I thought both Natalie and Avery would have been terrified, but as I looked back at the bottom, they both smiled and said "let's do it again!"  What little daredevils they are. Chase did all the rides with all of us and then he and Bobby did the one they have at every water park where you go to the top of a steep hill and drop straight down. This one had one hump in the middle, but that didn't slow you down much. The girls and I sat that one out and Chase and Bobby loved it!  I guess when you have two adventurous parents, you can't help but be a little adventurous, too!  (Or maybe we are all just crazy!). 

Of course they also played at the awesome water playground after all the slides!  Super fun!  The following pictures are just the slides on the playground, not the main ones we rode during the day. 




No comments:

Post a Comment