Friday, October 12, 2012

A Day in the Life

I know most of you knew I was worried about the kids getting behind in school this year since they are both saying it is really easy.  Here is an update:  I met with the principal last week and feel much better about the situation.  She gave me all the objectives for 2nd grade and I am in the process of comparing them with what 2nd grade expectations are in Florida.  If there is a huge discrepancy, the school will test him for possibly moving him to 3rd grade for this year, or will supplement him with the objectives that are different (as they already are doing for Natalie).  We also are getting math and reading workbooks from Alachua County to use at home.

Here are some pictures from daily life here this week:

Adorable mini cupcakes at the store near the kid's school

Avery was bit by a boy in her class -- ouch
Chase at soccer practice
Climbing the tree by the pool

Chase loves this tree

Avery and Lilly in the tree sans swim tops

Natalie and I went last night to the park by the Museum of Islamic Art.  We watched the sun go down over the water overlooking West Bay (the downtown part of Doha).  We were there to meet up with a girl from her class, Ola.  Natalie had a good time playing with her friend and I visited with her mom and her mom's friends (who unfortunately mostly were speaking Arabic).  They were very nice to me though and the park was amazing.  We will definitely come back here with all the kids to play as soon as is cools off a little more.

Islamic Museum of Art

Natalie wouldn't pose for my picture so here is proof she is here with me :)
Overlooking West Bay
Sunset
Natalie on her rollerblades waiting for Ola

3 comments:

  1. How beautiful!! I am so sorry my sweet Avery got bit - that is not fun!! :) Tell her that made Campbell very saddy!! You are always so good about setting aside the time to have playdates for your kiddos - you are an inspiration in that, and so many more areas!! I am so glad that Chase is back to soccer. That will be so good for him to be able to strut his stuff!! Please give Natalie a big hug from Mary Grace. Did she get her package yet? Can't wait to see what the turnaround time will be. We love you guys, miss you and LOVE seeing the pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun pictures, children all look happy (except poor Avery's bite!), glad you and Natalie had a fun time and made friends.
    Have started packing, now two suitcases with all the goodies I am bringing.
    So excited, less than 5 days!
    Love and hugs to all
    Coal/Mia/Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update and the cute pictures. Glad things are looking more positive with academics at the school.

    Love and miss all of you!
    Love,
    Janet/Mom/Nana

    ReplyDelete