Friday, September 7, 2012

Snow in Qatar!

Today we went to the big City Center Mall in Doha very close to our apartment.  It has an ice skating rink and a bowling alley inside!  We met Nasser, Hassana and their kids there for lunch and then ice skating. (this is the family from Lebanon that we went to the traditional brunch with last Friday).  Everyone had a fabulous time and the kids really enjoyed hanging out with some "friends".  Chase especially really needs play time with friends and was sad when the day was over.  (he even cried a little).  It will be so much better for him I think when we are able to move into our villa and he can meet some other boys.

Natalie got a Monopoly game for her birthday and so we have been playing Monopoly during all our free time.  Nana also brought a deck of cards.  That is keeping everyone much happier and less grouchy overall.  We finally were able to get wi-fi and cable set up in the apartment so I can now send/receive email all the time and the kids can actually watch TV in English!

 I know many of you aren't sure how to get in touch with us and we both still have our regular email accounts.  Mine is the gmail one so if you are still using the bellsouth one, please switch over because I only check the bellsouth one occasionally.  I have email even coming to my phone so if you are available to talk, email me and I can call you.  I have international minutes on my phone so I can call you without you getting a big charge.  The biggest hangup we are finding is the time difference.  We are 7 hours ahead of you so often you are sleeping when I am able to call (or I am sleeping when it is a good time for you) :)  I am determined to keep in touch with all of you though so don't give up on talking to me. :)  Now that we have wi-fi, I can facetime or Skype easily so email me with your Skype account name if you have one.

Here are some photos of today



1 comment:

  1. How fun!
    In another week all will be better, a week in their new school, moved into their new home, life will settle in.
    Hugs and love
    Mia/Carol/Mom

    ReplyDelete